Assistant Sales Manager, Mainstream
Our Assistant Sales Manager, Mainstream will be responsible for overseeing sales activities and efforts across Canada to achieve company’s sales targets. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident sales manager to take their career to the next level within an established company. The successful candidate with lead the development of the overall strategic direction, creative design, policies and procedures for the mainstream sales (chains, independents and food services) as well as some key account management tasks under the direction of the CEO from conception to implementation.
This position is in charge of increasing profitability of existing products, developing new products and finding innovative solutions for the company’s market segments through the maximization of distribution channels. The Assistant Sales Manager, Mainstream will need manage existing and new products, collaborating with the creative team, management, suppliers and the company’s principals so strong communication is a must.
As the Assistant Sales Manager, Mainstream, you will be responsible for:
- Inspiring, guiding and managing a small sales team to support him/her in maximising their accounts
- The recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Sales team members
- Being someone of the highest sales integrity and standard
- Ensure sales targets are met per the business planning e.g. volume, revenue, annual budgets within approved expense targets
- Build and develop productive relationships with all accounts and channels to meet company growth and productivity plans
- Maximising sales within your designated grocery stores
- Implement sales promotions that maximise both volume and brand growth while building brand equity
- Closely monitoring sales from all mainstream banners with any appointed POS system
- Competently reviewing SKUs and banner margins and align profits as per company objective
- Creating new distribution channels, gaining market share through networking, maintaining current relationships with stakeholders while building new sales revenue streams within untapped channels
- Effectively review monthly sales and budgets for presentations and sales overview
- Developing and executing strategic plans to achieve sales targets to expand the company’s customer base
- Ensure that promotions, store and product extensions are executed effectively and as scheduled
- Developing relationships with all internal cross functional departments in order to establish strong working partnerships and foster effective communication and execution
- Leading cross-cultural teams to develop detailed business plans including, identifying and maximizing potential distribution channels, product development assessment, and product related communication strategy and tactics
- Enhancing trade and consumer support and product/market development mix
- Staying up to date with food trends as well as product/market development and sales methodologies and other external trends impacting need for product development or redevelopment
- Any other ad-hoc projects as requested by your manager.
- Must have managerial experience in mainstream grocery sales
- 5+ years in managing sales, key accounts and brands in food consumer packaged goods
- 5+ years in sales managerial role
- Must be fluent in English. Mandarin and/or Cantonese speaking is an asset but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, or a similar program
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.)
- Personable and superb communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong data and analytic skills
- A team player who is able to support and motivate others
- Good presenter and communicator
· Salary plus incentive bonus, mileage reimbursement, extended benefits and cell phone
What you can get in return:
You will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level as you’ll gain extensive exposure to the FMCG industry.
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent